We're booking again for the 2019 season!
Learn to windsurf! We offer all levels of instruction...from Day 1 to Foiling to Forward Loops.
Lessons are 1.5 hours, and include on-land and in-water instruction, with a maximum of three students per one instructor. We can accommodate larger groups or do custom clinics upon request.
All of our instructors have years of experience teaching at multiple schools, and use ABK Boardsports and Tricktionary as our blueprint. We're passionate about helping you progress safely and stay addicted to the best sport on the planet.
To book, please include the desired dates & times under "Notes" during the checkout process. Please also include which type of lesson (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced). We only teach during the best tides, so available times of day will vary. We will contact you to confirm the best time. Booking online will ensure you are prioritized before walk-in requests, so book early!
For Beginner Lessons:
- Windsurf gear is included - Big, easy board and lightweight sail
- 2mm wetsuit and life jacket are included
- Lessons are taught during low tide - water is shallow enough to stand
- Cancellations due to high wind are rare but will be rescheduled
- "Beginner" means first time on a board, basic turns, harness, and beachstart
For Intermediate / Advanced Lessons:
- Gear is not included, but demo gear may be available
- "Advanced" means anything from planing jibe, waterstart, shortboard tack, and chop hop - to old and new school freestyle (carving 360, vulcan, etc)
- Cancellations due to low wind are not recommended, unless you're already proficient at tacking a board while it's underwater, sailing without a fin, backwinding, low-wind waterstarts, sailing back during a strong flood, and clew-first sailing :) Safety and progression depend on your ability to sail in all conditions, with the sail and board in any and all positions! However, we strive to schedule lessons during favorable conditions. If you're not 100% satisfied we will re-schedule!
For Foil Lessons
- Foil gear is included - we use the Slingshot foil with a short mast, so you can ease into flying high. This foil offers a slow, controllable ride.
- 1-on-1 lessons only, no groups
- Cancellations due to high wind will be re-scheduled
Please check-in at the shop 30 minutes before your lesson. Instruction takes place on a sandy beach 5 minutes drive from the shop. Happy sailing!
For refunds, please give us 24 hours notice so our instructors are able to plan accordingly. Thank you!