Book a Windsurfing Lesson!
It's currently our off-season, but feel free to contact us for current availability
Learn to windsurf! We offer all levels of instruction, from Day 1, to Foiling, to Forward Loops.
Lessons are 1.5 hours, and include on-land and in-water instruction, with a maximum of three students per one instructor.
All of our instructors have years of experience teaching at multiple schools, and use ABK Boardsports and Tricktionary as our blueprint. We're passionate about helping you progress safely and stay addicted to the best sport on the planet.
To book, please include the desired day & time under "Notes" during the checkout process. We will confirm the date with you via email and phone.
For Beginner Lessons:
- Windsurf gear is included - Big, easy board and lightweight sail
- 2mm wetsuit and life jacket are included
- Lessons are taught during low tide - water is shallow enough to stand
- Cancellations due to high wind are rare but will be rescheduled
- "Beginner" means first time on a board, basic turns, harness, and beachstart
For Advanced Lessons:
- Gear is not included, but demo gear may be available
- "Advanced" means anything from planing jibe, waterstart, shortboard tack, and chop hop - to old and new school freestyle (carving 360, vulcan, etc)
- Cancellations due to low wind are not recommended, unless you're already proficient at tacking a board while it's underwater, sailing without a fin, backwinding, low-wind waterstarts, sailing back during a strong flood, and clew-first sailing. Safety and progression depend on your ability to sail in all conditions, with the sail and board in any and all positions! However, we strive to schedule lessons during favorable conditions. If you're not 100% satisfied we will re-schedule!
For Foil Lessons
- Foil gear is included - we use the Slingshot foil with a short mast, so you can ease into flying high. This foil offers a slow, controllable ride
- 1-on-1 lessons only, no groups
- Cancellations due to high wind will be re-scheduled
Once booked, you'll receive an email with answers to common questions and confirmation that your day and time are reserved. Check-in is at the shop 30 minutes before your lesson, and instruction takes place on a sandy beach 5 minutes drive from the shop. Happy sailing!